Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I happen to be more than a quarter Irish that I think may be the largest portion of any single ethnicity as I am a veritable mutt. Even my surname speaks of my Irish heritage. When my father was born a nurse actually expressed pity for him because his entire name was so incredibly Irish. Personally, I think my dad's name has a very lyrical and lovely quality to it. I have great pride in my Irish surname and believe it is beautiful. My last name conjures up happy memories of my father's family--each person endues the name with warmth, laughter and happiness. I think I associate all of that with being Irish or at least that is our Irish heritage.

I wish you all a wonderful St. Patrick's Day whether you be 100% Irish or have not a drop of Irish blood!

2 comments:

Eric said...

Your name is indeed beautiful. I could go with some fresh cold beer right about now too.

Eric said...

Make that green beer LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL