Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Long Time Coming

I have had this blog setup for ages and have done nothing with it because I was not sure whether I should jump onto the blog bandwagon. Do I have anything to contribute? Am I worthy of a blog dedicated to me and my life? Is it vain to write a blog? These questions spun around in my mind for more than two years and basically blogging for me is not about proving I have an interesting life or that I am a decent writer. Blogging for me is a way to express and chronicle who I am, the journey it will take to become me and a way to connect all the myriad of in my life. Will this blog be personal? Yes, writing still proves to be the outlet for my thoughts, emotions and the easiest way I can relate with others. Will is be erratic? Undoubtedly as I am erratic. At times I will post several times a day and other times there will probably be weeks between posts. Will it be boring at times or more than sometimes? Yes, and I am learning to accept that.

Once I seriously considered doing a blog I wondered if I should do a topic-specific blog. I have many interests, hobbies and passions and they are as mercurial as the weather. One moment I will be obsessed with art and the next cooking and food in general only to then become obsessed with Greek mythology or the history of a noble family in Scotland or cult films. I will never claim to be an expert at anything for my inconstant attention span makes such a possibility remote. As my blog title states I am a dabbler first and foremost. I like to remain open to possibilities.

There is a long way for me to go and this is a witness as I make my meandering way.

The Dabbler.

P.S. Please feel free to comment, question, suggest, advise and even correct.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Shay's got a blog. :)

I'd say do absolutely anything you want with your blog. It's yours, and for you. No rules apply. Let's see something eccentric. :)