Monday, May 19, 2008

Minor Annoyances

Maybe one or two of you have noticed I haven't written in a month. I have been experiencing aging and one the lovely byproducts of aging: decline in health. In the past several months I have come to the realization that I am falling apart on various levels. I am not that old nor have I lived much of a life much less a hard one and there it is. Nothing very serious, but it all adds up. Maintenance is now taking a healthy chunk of whatever money I have. And being someone cheap about spending money on my health I don't like it one bit. I rather spend money on important things like books and magazines. Oh well. It was bound to happen. I had been lucky thus far. No broken bones. No serious accidents or illness.

At least mentally I am still pretty darn dopey although occasionally cranky if I am in pain. My energy level is even lower though than it used to be and anyone who knows me can attest that is frightening as I have the energy of a slug on a good day (perhaps that is unfair to the slug as he is only slow--a better animal is the koala as the only thing they eat actually doesn't give them sufficient energy).

All in all life is good. Even the annoying parts are just that--annoyances to work through and perhaps help to appreciate what isn't annoying and trying.

No comments: