Friday, October 26, 2007

With Cauldrons Bubbling


Last night we began on the cooking for the party tomorrow night. We are doing a Spooktacular Souper--meaning we are feeding our guests a trio of soups along with appetizers and ghoulish desserts. Last night we cooked up the Devilish Chili, tonight we are making the French Onion soup (to be renamed with an appropriately gross name which is easy with how onions can look like worms), tomorrow is the last soup a Chicken, Leek & Celery cream soup (another one that needs a different name).

Last night I also worked on the dough for the Witch's Fingers and made the Salt & Pepper Puffs (we are adding olives to a few to make them appear like eyeballs). Tonight along with the French Onion Soup is the making of the desserts: Dark Chocolate Pots de Crème Graveyards with Tombstone Cookies and miniature caramel apples. For our drink we are going with something a lovely slimy, swampy green.

Additionally, last night my sister also finished up the spider sacks...they are as disgusting as we had hoped!! We still have to web everything in sight and add the hundreds of spiders and insects, make spider toothpicks, mummify some candles (saw this in a magazine and a blog, Ma Vie en rose--check out how awesome it looks), and the like. I need to buy a spooky cd of music too in addition to some fresh bread Saturday, go to the liquor store for tonight....

I will try my mightiest to take pictures of the food and some of the decorations and post them next week. Hope, dear reader, you are likewise enchanted by the coming holiday!

4 comments:

Loudlife said...

Thanks for the kind words! I love Gorey, too. I also love the spooky look of your blog, it's especially great with this picture right at the top.

Your party sounds like it will be a huge success! Remember to have fun, too! (I always get caught up in the work there is to do and have to be reminded of this.)Hope you get to post some pictures.

Laurie

Anonymous said...

I'm hungry now. You always do that!!! Sounds like this is going to be so fun. I hope to see some pics too. They should be a good a reminder of this fun time.

Anonymous said...

OHHH man that sounds like it will be a a great all hallows eve party. Can you mail me some of that food dear writer? lol..At least I might get to see some pics so that would be great. It sure sounds like it will be a wonderful spooky party.....

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wish I could see all the goodies you have been making for the holiday season. Thanks for visiting my blog. :D